ALAE Solutions has several engineering internship positions available for graduate Engineering students. ALAE Solutions offers very competitive salaries based on experience, with the ability to accelerate career development by working on multiple prime contracts with various technologies. ALAE Solutions is a small group where you will feel a sense of belonging and are empowered to bring ideas. Work would primarily take place in our Warner Robins office but could occasionally be on Robins AFB, depending on contract execution requirements.
The successful Engineering candidates will work closely with ALAE Solution’s President and team members to execute Phase I/II/III SBIR contracts. Candidates will support integration activities at Robins AFB, located within 2 miles of our offices. The roles include working with team members to develop software, firmware, and hardware on technically diverse projects. Our small team approach requires a candidate with experience across multiple engineering disciplines or an ability to learn new skills/technologies. The Intern Engineers will apply technical expertise in solving complex design challenges and participate in requirements development, design, application development, integration, installation, and deployment. Our candidate will interact with government customers requiring excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Some positions will require experience with previous development of PC-based Microsoft Windows software applications using C# within Visual Studio IDE. Other positions require experience with Automated Test Systems (ATS) and debugging test program sets (TPS). Working with Augmented Reality and Real-Time Locating Systems (RTLS) will require software and hardware skillsets. An Intern will be expected to deliver results on contracts. The ability to work independently with minimal supervision is desired to achieve agreed-upon strategic, tactical, technical, and business development objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities may consist of some of the following:
- Capture and author manufacturing machinery 3D training processes using AR/VR tools, developing an on-demand, hardware-agnostic AR training and task execution job aid.
- Perform Engineering tasks on Air Force test programs under a prime contract supporting software rehosting of legacy TPS to the Versatile Depot Automated Test Station (VDATS).
- Develop PC-based Microsoft Windows™ software applications using Visual Studio IDE, WPF, and C#
- Design, code, test, and integrate real-time software with cloud-based enterprise-wide applications.
- Maintain client relationships and work closely with vendors to further project goals.
- Support Robotic programming and integration of FANUC robot controllers.
- Assist President and SBIR Director with other technical marketing as needed.
Desired Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or engineering.
- Software development experience using C/C++, C# preferred,
- Strong testing and debugging abilities. Experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and using problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Automated Testing and working with DoD projects desired.
- Experience with product development and sustainment is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and take the initiative in performing tasks and growing skills and knowledge.
Local presence in Warner Robins, GA, is required during the internship.
U.S. citizenship is required.